The Butterfly Effect is to help people that have a problem with self-injury or for anyone else that knows someone that has this problem or just for support. People always turn the cheeks on people that harm themselves because they think it isn’t serious or they are doing it for attention, but you don’t know that. Once you have actually reached out to talk to this person you have no right to judge them, you’re only duty as a human is to help them.
The Rules are:
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you dont cut, it lives.
5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help